Camp Meal Theme: Thanksgiving Dinner
What better theme for a camp family dinner? Here are some tips for creating a Thanksgiving group dinner that can make even the hottest summer camp day feel like fall.
This meal can add a touch of fancy and glamor to an otherwise grungy and rustic camp session. You can even encourage campers and counselors to dress up for this formal occasion!
- Table cover
- White tablecloths
- Burlap strips
- Colorful plastic leaves
- Name cards for all campers (burlap, leaf cutouts, marker, pins)
- Centerpieces (two options)
- Leaf candle (white candles, colored leaves, twine)
- Pinecone bowl (candle, pinecones, plastic pumpkins, large bowl)
- Arrange tables in U-shape
- Set up white tablecloths, then place a burlap strip down the center of each table.
- Place sticks and leaves on burlap strip.
- Place one centerpiece on each table and menu next to centerpiece
- Set up plates, silverware and cups.
- Place namecards (in cabin order) at each plate setting.
- Ask counselors to write their campers’ names beforehand. This will make the campers feel special and also help people find where to sit so it’s not chaotic.
- Instruct the cabin groups to find their tables and campers will sit where they find their name card